Thursday, July 2, 2015

It's been a busy two months


After teaching a class in London this summer for SMU, where I (or my students) were able to buy 14 homeless signs, this is the only one I've bought in Italy (so far). The language barrier has been a factor, although some people are from countries other than Italy. Some of the people on the street asking for money either kneel or bend face down and hold out a cup, which is very sad and sobering. Meanwhile, editing on the documentary is in progress, and there should be news about other installations coming soon. And please follow us on facebook:
WE ARE ALL HOMELESS group
WE ARE ALL HOMELESS page
My artist page

Thanks to all of you for your continued support, and have a glorious day!

2 comments:

  1. I love your story! I was in St John's Newfoundland in Canada may years ago, the people there have faced many hardships. I will never forget someone telling me "we know all our homeless people, we don't just give them money, we take them out and have lunch with them and listen to their stories...they all have a story". I have never forgotten that and have never looked at a homeless person the same way. I always try to help when I can...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in oak cliff and love the project. Would love to buy you lunch and hear more about it and if there is any way I can help. Here's my email Dougklembara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete